Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Ala-fucking-bama)

I shouldn't be shocked, and I shouldn't have cursed in the title, but this is just ridiculous.

I was a listenin' to the NPR there. To this bit: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4763112

If you listen along, you will find that Jeff Sessions must have failed 3rd grade.
Why 3rd grade? I don't know but it seems just about right.

Why do I think he failed? at one point in this discussion, the dear Senator Sessions says that asking certain types of questions of judicial nominees interfers with the independence of the judiciary. What does this have to do with the 3rd grade? Well, I am pretty sure that is about the time we all learned, (except Jeff Sessions) that our government has CHECKS AND BALANCES.

What is a check and a balance on the Judiciary? The fact that the Senate must confirm the judges of the judiciary! But not in modern Republican land, that is interferance with the judiciary.

What a moron.

No comments: