Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More things that piss me off

Today's episode: Stupid Phrases.

With the announcement of the nomination, this is one that I keep seeing: SCOTUS. And you know that people are reading it skoe-tuss.

It bothers me because you know these people think they are in the know or something. They say skoe-tuss and suddenly they are wise polticos.

Here you go, morons, how about this abbreviation: SC

Look at that! I got Supreme Court down to 2 keystrokes while yours takes 6.

What did I drop out of my abbreviation? Well, let's see: OTUS. Of The United States. First off, 'of' and 'the' aren't normally used in abbreviations. It's the FBI, not the FBOI. So, those two should be thrown out on principle. At the least, the abbreviation should be SCUS. That's an improvement over SCOTUS.

What about that US? Is that completely necessary? I'm glad you asked that. No. It isn't necessary. When you say the Supreme Court, everyone knows what you are talking about. So, stop talking. What does that leave us with?

SC.

That'll do.

No comments: