Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I don't see your point

So what if the Gossipy harem that is the washington press corps, more specifically the White House Press Pool, decided to start asking tough questions of McClellan now that one of their own is in jail and they all feel threatened. Who cares? What Washington reporters care about isn't what middle america cares about.

The biggest tragedy in my personal, immediate life right now is that baseball is on hold for the all star game.

I should come clean though, there is more at work here than I have admitted. Frankly, given the state of her reporting before the Iraq War, Judith Miller SHOULD be in jail. I realize that it is an untenable position to say that a reporter should be in jail for the quality of her journalism, but that is my position anyway. Miller was a White House hack in the run up to the war, "reporting" on all sorts of factually unsubstantiated items, and some that seemed to play perfectly into the neo-cons hands. For her stenography, the brief time that she will spend in jail while this grand jury investigates is not enough. She isn't fit to hold the "Slow" signs on a highway construction crew. So I am sorry if I am not going to shed a tear for her, or give a rats ass about this story.

I realize it appears as if I am admitting a great amount of bias, and that bias is why I don't think people care about this story out here in the middle. However if you take a look at the front pages, editorial pages, and letters to the editor of Midwestern and mountain state small town newspapers (defining such as newspapers in cities 200k people or less) I guarantee you will not find this story reaching any level of prominence.

The simple fact that McClellan is dissembling about the whole business belies what is going to occur, namely NOTHING!

On Edit
Here is an example of what I am talking about:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2095394

No comments: